2011년 1월 11일 화요일

Cleopatra






Today I want to introduce about Cleopatra. I'm sure that most of you have heard about her already. As you know, she was the queen of the Egypt. Also, she is representative of beauty until now.
First of all, I want to describe her appearance. She has big eyes and pointed nose. People says her pointed nose means she was a high-hatted woman. Her black or tanned skin shows she is from Egypt. She also had black and straight hair. Cleopatra was tall and skinny so I can guess she usually wore white and long skirts to stress her beautiful body.
Secondly, I will explain some features of Cleopatra. Since she liked cheetahs very much, she always be with them. Also, she wanted to build new palace to win a bet with J. Caesar. She was a ruler of Egypt so most of Egyptians felt scared about her. They had to follow her orders. Moreover, she felt love with J. Caesar. Even though J, Caesar was Roman, she didn't care about it.
Now, let's learn about Cleopatra's characteristic. As just I mentioned, she felt proud of herself. She hated someone who hurts her self-respect. That is why she had a wager with J. Caesar. For that reasons, many people say if she swallowed her pride, she could change the history. She also thought she is the best queen in the world. You can find out she was rude, too.
Fourth, I will give you some informations about her. She usually sat on the throne. The throne was gold and looked like owl. You can see the picture of it in the book. As you know, she could rule and force anyone in Egypt. I'm certain that you guys have learned already, so I will skip the explain of this.
Lastly, I will tell you the most difficult things, background. You have to know that J. Caesar and Cleopatra were already in love. We can guess the book is about the events that happened in 48-47 B.C. To sum up this book, they had a wager about building new palace within 3 months because of Cleopatra's self-respect.
I will skip reference and I hope you to read reference in my hand out.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기